1. LAL (7-2)-Will the real Lakers please stand up? Are they the team that demolished the Suns Thursday night or the team that was beat badly by the Nuggets on Friday night.
2. BOS (8-3)-They've lost 2 straight but are still considered by many to be the best team in the NBA.
3. PHO (8-2)-Their record doesn't lie, plus Nash and Amare are both playing like superstars.
4. ATL (8-2)- They've won 4 straight including wins at Boston and blow out over Denver.
5. POR (8-3)-They are the hottest team in the NBA, winning 6 straight. They will face another red hot team in the Hawks on Monday night. Both teams are young and talented.
6. ORL (7-3)-When healthy, they will probably be in the same class as the Lakers and Celtics, but who knows when they will be healthy.
7. DEN (7-3)-Big win over the Lakers Friday night after losing 3 of their last 4. Melo is playing as good as LeBron, Wade or Kobe.
8. CLV (7-3)-Speaking of King James, he and the Cavs proved they were a little bit better than Miami. The Cavs need to get J.J. Hickson in the game more if they want to be successful.
9. MIA (7-2)-Dwayne Wade is playing like the best player in the NBA and Michael Beasley is starting to play like a #2 draft pick should. That is why Miami is 7-2.
10. DAL (6-3)-They've been solid, but not spectacular. They will battle with the Spurs all year for first in the Southwest.
11. TOR (5-4)-Chris Bosh is the best big man in the league so far with 28ppg and 12rpg. The addition of Hedo has helped too.
12. IND (4-3)-Danny Granger talks the talk and then backs it up too. He said they would beat Boston and they did. The Pacers have now won 4 straight after starting 0-3.
13. SA (4-4)-The Spurs are 0-3 on the road. That will need to change if they want to win the Southwest.
14. CHI (5-4)-They have 4 players averaging double figures in scoring, including Joakim Noah who is averaging a double-double.
15. MIL (5-2)-Brandon Jennings dropped 55 against the Warriors Saturday night. He is the Rookie of the Year thus far, but there is a lot of season left.
16. SAC (5-4)-They are by far the most surprising team in the NBA right now. Kevin Martin is a scoring machine and Tyreke Evans is a Rookie of the Year candidate.
17. OKC (5-4)-The Thunder have their own Kevin who is a pretty good scorer. Russell Westbrook is playing like one of the top 10 PGs in the league too.
18. HOU (5-4)-Aaron Brooks and Trevor Ariza have given hope to a team that many (including myself) thought had no shot at being competitive without Yao Ming or Ron Artest.
19. DET (5-4)-I am not sold on the Pistons yet, but they have played good so far.
20. Utah (4-6)-It is only a matter of time before they trade Carlos Boozer and get some help on the wings for Deron Williams. The Northwest is a tough division with the Nuggets, Blazers and the up and coming Thunder.
21. PHL (4-6)-They are a better team when they run and gun. Elton Brand does not fit in there. He is like Shaq on the Suns.
22. CHR (3-6)-Larry Brown was hoping this would be the year the Bobcats could make their first ever playoff appearance. They will need to turn it around fast if they want to accomplish that goal.
23. NO (3-8)-Getting rid of Byron Scott will not help Emeka Okafor get any better or make Peja any younger. Now the GM is coaching, give me a break. It looks like a long year for Chris Paul and New Orleans. At the Saints are still undefeated.
24. LAC (3-7)-Please Blake, get well soon. The Clippers need you.
25. GS (3-5)-The Warriors will score a lot and still lose. Their only wins this year were against other bad teams.
26. WAS (2-7)-They looked so good on opening night against Dallas, since then, not so much. Gilbert Arenas is very good, but he is not in the same class as DWade, Kobe, Brandon Roy or even Kevin Martin.
27. MEM (2-8)-With or without Iverson, they are bad. They have some talent but haven't won many games.
28. MIN (1-10)-At least the Vikings have Peterson, Favre, and Harvin. The TWolves have Al Jefferson that's pretty much it. My forecast a LONG cold winter and season in Minnesota.
29. NJ (0-10)-Brook Lopez is decent. They have 12 role players and absolutely no stars.
30. NY (1-9)-I realize they have a win and the Nets don't. But the Knicks are just so bad I cannot put them anywhere but last. If LeBron wants to play basketball in the New York Metro area next year he would have a best chance to win if he played for the New York Liberty.